Thursday, February 11, 2010

Is It Recycling or Is It Hoarding?

Another of my latest obsessions is Hoarders on A&E.

I would watch it all day, every day.

I don't know if it's because I am interested to know why these people have such connection to seemingly unimportant items.  (In case you didn't know, I am fascinated with understanding why people do what they do even though it creates havoc in their lives.)

Perhaps I love this show because my anal retentive personality is chomping at the bit to gather up all the mess and put it all in perfectly labelled see-through totes.  (My heart feels giddy at that thought!  Sad, isn't it?)

And maybe I love this show because I , despite being 95% anal, can empathize. 

Just "getting rid" of stuff is sometimes really difficult. Stuff has memories attached; sometimes good, sometimes bad -- but memories nonetheless.

Maybe I am a hoarder, just like those people on the show.

Maybe my need to organize is just "pretty hoarding."

So, let me show you how I justified not getting rid of some of R's old jammies.

They were just so cute and I had such happy memories of her in them that I just had to come up with a way to hold on to them.

So I cut and pinned and sewed and.....




...new winter scarves!


Did I do a good thing, recycling?

Or is this just pretty hoarding?

No comments:

Post a Comment